Hopp til toppmenyen på siden Hopp til hovedinnholdet på siden

Financial social assistance



Financial social assistance shall ensure that you receive assistance for subsistence if you cannot manage yourself through work or other income sources. Subsistence here means necessities such as food, rent, electricity and necessary clothing. Contributions will be the most common form of assistance. But you can also receive assistance in the form of loans or loan guarantees. This will primarily be relevant if it is assumed that you will be able to repay the loan.


We will make an assessment of your actual needs. Conditions may be imposed for receiving the assistance. You may be required to document what other options you have tried:

  • If you have applied for housing benefit
  • If you have used your rights to any social security schemes
  • If you have been in contact with the Labour and Welfare Administration and taken up offers for employment or courses.

Brosjyrer, dokumenter, kart og lignende

Hjelpetilbud i kommunen
Lover og forskrifter




The Labour and Welfare Administration shall gather the information necessary to decide the case. Then a decision is made. You will usually receive an explanation along with the decision. You will always receive an explanation in case you are unhappy with the decision. If the reason is not included, it can be obtained by contacting the Labour and Welfare Administration before expiry of the deadline for appealing the decision.


Applications are processed as quickly as possible. The processing may be delayed if you do not document the situation you describe in your application. Then the case worker may contact you to request additional information.

Appeal Option

If you are dissatisfied with the decision, you can appeal to the Labour and Welfare Administration within three weeks of receiving it. Explain why you are dissatisfied and why you think the decision should be changed. Please contact the Labour and Welfare Administration if you need assistance lodging an appeal. If the Labour and Welfare Administration upholds its decision, the matter will be forwarded to the county prefect, who determines whether the appeal should be accepted.

2019-03-12 09:43
Gyldig fra
Gyldig til