Hopp til toppmenyen på siden Hopp til hovedinnholdet på siden




Physiotherapy can be provided for preventing and for treating illnesses or injuries. As part of the municipal physiotherapy service, physiotherapists are either employed by the municipality or have a contract with the municipality for refunding patient fees. You can receive treatment individually or in groups. The service is part of the municipality’s interdisciplinary habilitation and rehabilitation service offering, and is also offered in nursing homes. 


The elderly, people with disabilities and people who are sick or injured.


The municipal physiotherapy service or your doctor will conduct an examination and an expert assessment of your need for therapy.

Service price

Most people must pay a patient’s charge for an appointment with a physiotherapist or manual therapist.
The patient’s charge limit for 2018 is NOK 2025. Once you have paid this amount, you will automatically receive a free appointment pass in the mail.
Log in at helsenorge.no to view a record of your patient’s charges.
Some groups do not have to pay a patient’s charge for examinations and treatment by a physiotherapist. This applies for

  • Children under 16 years of age
  • People with approved occupational injuries (also applies to service members in the compulsory military service of the Norwegian Armed Forces).

Starting on 1 January 2018, you no longer need a physiotherapist referral in order to have the costs of physiotherapy covered.

Lover og forskrifter

This is a statutory service. See Sections 7 and 8 of the Regulations on Habilitation and Rehabilitation.
See also Section 5-8 of the National Insurance Act, Section 1-3 and Chapter 7 of the Patient Rights Act and Section 2-1 of the Regulations for Nursing Homes.


Pasient- og brukerrettighetsloven

Rules and regulations

Forskrift for sykehjem

Forskrift om habilitering og rehabilitering

Forskrift om stønad til dekning av utgifter til fysioterapi m.m.


Guidance - how to obtain this service

You can receive the service whether you live at home or in an institution. If you live at home and are physically unable to visit an institution, you can receive treatment in your home.



Appeal Option

If you feel that you are not receiving the necessary assistance, or are dissatisfied with how the service is rendered, you can submit a complaint to the municipality or directly to the service provider. Explain what you are dissatisfied with and what changes you would like to see.

2019-02-27 12:53
Gyldig fra
Gyldig til